- May 10 Scottish nobles recognize authority of English King Edward I
- May 18 Mamluk Sultan Al-Ashraf Khalil and his forces take the last Christian stronghold of Acre
- Jun 17 After 200 years of crusader control, Acre is the last crusader stronghold reconquered and destroyed by the Mamluks under Sultan al-Ashraf Khalil
- Jul 31 Egyptian Mamelukken occupies Akko, crusaders driven out of Palestine
- Aug 1 Everlasting League forms, basis of Swiss Confederation (Independence)
- Nov 28 Eleanor of Castile, wife of King Edward I of England, dies in Northamptonshire. Crosses are erected where her body rests on the way to London.
- Kublai Khan
Mongolian Emperor and Founder of the Yuan Dynasty