- Apr 25 German cartographer Martin Waldseemüller first to use the name America on his world map "Universalis Cosmographia"
- Jun 5 England and Netherlands sign trade agreement
German cartographer Martin Waldseemüller first to use the name America on his world map "Universalis Cosmographia"
On April 25, 1507
- Jan 14 Catherine of Habsburg, Queen of Portugal, born in Torquemada, Spain (d. 1578)
- Jan 15 Johann Oporinus, Swiss book publisher (Koran), born in Basel (d. 1568)
- Jun 19 Annibale Caro, Italian writer and poet (Lettere familiare), born in Civitanova Marche, Italy (d. 1566)
- Sep 16 Jiajing, 12th Emperor of Ming Dynasty of China (d. 1567)
- Sep 27 Guillaume Rondelet, French naturalist famous for his study of marine animals, born in Montpellier, France (d. 1566)
More Famous Birthdays
- Feb 23 Gentile Bellini, Venetian painter (Sultan Mohammed II), dies at about 78 (burial date)
- Mar 12 Cesare Borgia, Duke of Valentinois, Italian aristocrat and illegitimate son of Pope Alexander VI, killed in a battle at 31
- Apr 2 Francis of Paola, Italian founder of the Order of the Minims (b. 1416)
- Jul 29 Martin Behaim, German navigator and geographer, dies at 47
- Aug 23 Jean Molinet, Burgundy historian (Chroniques), dies at about 72