- Jul 12 Battle of Albancay: Diego de Almagro defeated by army led by Alonso de Alvarado on behalf of Francisco Pizarro
- Jul 30 Resistant of Bomy: French/Dutch cease fire
- Aug 15 Asunción, Paraguay, is founded.
- Aug 25 The Honourable Artillery Company, the oldest surviving regiment in the British Army, and the second most senior, is formed.
- Sep 2 King Christian III publishes "Ordinance on the Danish Church"
- Sep 24 Uprising in Lubeck fails
- Oct 4 The 1st complete English-language Bible, the "Matthew Bible" is printed, with translations by William Tyndale and Miles Coverdale
- May 20 Hieronymus Fabricius Ab, Aquapend Italy, physician (De Formato Foetu)
- Jul 20 Arnaud d'Ossat, French diplomat and writer , born in Larroque-Magnoac, France (d. 1604)
- Oct 12 Edward VI Tudor, King of England (1547-53), born in Hampton Court Palace, Middlesex, England (d. 1553)
- Oct 13 Jane Grey, Queen of England in 1553 for 9 days, born in Bradgate, England (d. 1554)
- Dec 5 Ashikaga Yoshiaki, 15th Japanese shōgun, born in Japan (d. 1597)
More Famous Birthdays
- Jan 7 Alessandro de' Medici, Italian monarch of Florence, assassinated
- Jan 12 Lorenzo di Credi, Italian painter, dies
- Apr 8 Willem Aerts, Flemish architect, dies
- Jul 7 Madeleine de Valois, French princess who briefly became Queen of Scotland after marrying James V, dies only six months after the wedding at 16
- Sep 4 Johann Dietenberger, German theologian (b. c. 1475)
More Famous Deaths