- Jan 18 French Prince Louis II of Condé captured
- Apr 20 Dutch East India Company (VOC) management sets new guidelines
- Apr 27 The Battle of Carbisdale: Royalist army under Marquess of Montrose invades mainland Scotland from Orkney; defeated by a Covenanter army.
- Apr 30 French rebel Henri de la Tour Turenne signs treaty with Spain
- Jun 9 The Harvard Corporation, the more powerful of the two administrative boards of Harvard, is established. First legal corporation in the Americas.
- Jul 30 Prince Willem II occupies Amsterdam
- Aug 3 Viceroy Willem II and Amsterdam reach accord about standing army
- Sep 3 Battle of Dunbar: England vs Scotland
- Sep 29 2nd Fronde, the Fronde of the Princes uprising ends in France
- Sep 29 Henry Robinson opens 1st marriage bureau (England)
- Feb 2 Nell [Eleanor] Gwyn, English actress and mistress to King Charles II, born in London, England (d. 1687)
- Feb 15 Anne Jules duke de Noailles, marshal of France (hugenot)
- Apr 20 William Bedloe, English informer (d. 1680)
- Apr 27 Charlotte Amalie of Hesse-Kassel (or Hesse-Cassel), queen of Denmark and Norway (d. 1714)
- May 24 John Churchill, 1st duke of Marlborough, English general strategist
The Harvard Corporation, the more powerful of the two administrative boards of Harvard, is established. First legal corporation in the Americas.
On June 9, 1650