- Jan 5 Britain, Hannover, Saxony-Poland and Austria sign anti-Prussian Russian pact
- Jan 23 Liechtenstein became a sovereign member state of the Holy Roman Empire.
- Feb 12 The Onderlinge van 1719 u.a., the oldest existing life insurance company in the Netherlands is founded
- Apr 25 Daniel Defoe publishes "Robinson Crusoe"
- Jun 10 Jacobite Rising: Battle of Glen Shiel.
- Nov 20 Sweden & Hannover sign peace Treaty of Stockholm
- Dec 11 1st recorded display of Aurora Borealis in north American colonies (New England)
- Dec 18 Thomas Fleet publishes "Mother Goose's Melodies For Children"
Thomas Fleet publishes "Mother Goose's Melodies For Children"
On December 18, 1719
- Jan 2 Jacques-Alexandre Laffon de Ladebat, French shipbuilder (d. 1797)
- Jan 3 Francisco José Freire, Portuguese historian (d. 1773)
- Jan 17 Jean-Joseph Vade, composer
- Jan 17 William Vernon, American merchant (d. 1806)
- Jan 23 John Landen, English mathematician (d. 1790)
- Feb 23 Bartholomäus Ziegenbalg, German Lutheran missionary to India, dies at 36
- Feb 25 Giovanni Maria Casini, composer, dies at 66
- Mar 7 Steven J Vennekool, Amsterdam's master builder, buried
- Apr 7 Jean-Baptiste de la Salle, French priest/theory/saint, dies at 67
- Apr 15 Johann Friedrich Treiber, German historian and composer, dies at 76