- Feb 26 RADAR (Radio Detection and Ranging) first demonstrated by Robert Watson-Watt
- Mar 16 Adolf Hitler orders German rearmament in violation of The Treaty of Versailles
- Apr 14 Black Sunday: Severe sandstorm ravages the US Midwest, creating the "Dust Bowl"
- May 25 Track and field athlete Jesse Owens equals or breaks 4 world records in 45 minutes at a Big Ten meet at Ferry Field in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Remembered as "the greatest 45 minutes ever in sport".
- May 31 7.7 magnitude earthquake hits Quetta in Balochistan, British Raj (Pakistan) killing an estimated 50,000 people
- Jun 2 Babe Ruth, 40, announces his retirement as a player
- Jun 16 US Congress accepts FDR's "New Deal"
- Jul 30 1st Penguin book is published, starting the paperback revolution
- Oct 3 Italy invades Ethiopia, starting the Second Italo-Ethiopian War
- Oct 20 Communist forces end their Long March at Yan'an, in Shaanxi, China, bringing Mao Zedong to prominence
1st canned beer, "Krueger's Cream Ale," is sold by American company Krueger Brewing Co.
On January 24, 1935
"Variety" publishes famous headline "Sticks Nix Hick Pix"
On July 17, 1935