- Feb 26 RADAR (Radio Detection and Ranging) first demonstrated by Robert Watson-Watt
- Mar 16 Adolf Hitler orders German re-armament in violation of The Treaty of Versailles
- Apr 14 Black Sunday: Severe dust storm ravages the US Midwest, led to the region being named "the Dust Bowl"
- May 31 7.7 magnitude earthquake destroys Quetta in Balochistan, British India (now Pakistan) killing an estimated 40,000 people
- Jul 30 1st Penguin book is published, starting the paperback revolution
- Oct 3 Italy invades Ethiopia, starting the Second Italo-Ethiopian War
- Oct 20 Communist forces end their Long March at Yan'an, in Shaanxi, China, bringing Mao Zedong to prominence
- Nov 22 Flying boat "China Clipper" takes off from Alameda, California, carrying 100,000 pieces of mail on 1st trans-Pacific airmail flight
- Nov 29 Physicist Erwin Schrödinger publishes his famous thought experiment "Schrödinger's cat", a paradox that illustrates the problem of the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics
- More Historical Events
- May 24 1st major league night baseball game, in Cincinnati (Reds 2, Philadelphia 1)
- May 25 Legendary American athlete Jesse Owens equals or breaks 4 world records in 45 minutes at a Big Ten meet at Ferry Field in Ann Arbor, Michigan; remembered as "the greatest 45 minutes ever in sport"
- Jun 2 Future Baseball Hall of Fame slugger Babe Ruth announces his retirement as a player at 40 years of age
Leonarde Keeler first uses his polygraph machine on criminals later convicted of assault on its findings in Portage, Wisconsin
On February 2, 1935
"Variety" publishes famous headline "Sticks Nix Hick Pix"
On July 17, 1935