- Massacre of the town of Kalavryta, Greece by German Nazi troops.
- (Victor) "Vivian" Stanshall, British singer and comic songwriter (Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band - "I'm The Urban Spaceman"; Magical Mystery Tour), born in Shillingford, England (d. 1995)
- Alan Kalter, American television announcer (Late Show with David Letterman, 1995-2015), born in Brooklyn, New York City (d. 2021)
- Antal Dunai, Hungarian soccer player (Olympic gold 1968)
- Hartmut Haenchen, German conductor (Netherlands Philharmonic, 1986-99), born in Dresden, Germany
Day of the Week: Sunday
How Long Ago? 80 years, 6 months and 13 days
Leap Year: No