On This Day

What Happened on November 2, 1964

Day of the Week: Monday

Historical Events

  • CBS purchases 80% of Yanks for $11,200,000, later buys remaining 20%
  • Columbia Broadcasting System buys 80% share in the New York Yankees Baseball Club for $11.2 million; later purchases club outright

Event of interestEvent of Interest

Faisal succeeds Saud as king of Saudi Arabia

Famous Birthdays

  • Britta Lejon, Swedish Social Democratic politician, born in Järfälla Municipality, Sweden
  • Kevin Gogan, American NFL guard (Oakland Raiders, SF 49ers), born in Pacifica, California
  • Michael D'Asaro II, American fencer-sabre, born in Brooklyn, New York