In an interview with the 'Belfast Telegraph' former Northern Ireland Prime Minister Terence O'Neill states: "if you give Roman Catholics a good job and a good house, they will live like Protestants, ... They will refuse to have 18 children"
- Turtles play White House, Mark Volman falls off stage 5 times
- US troops begin attack on Hill 937 ("Hamburger Hill"), Vietnam
- Curtis Whitley, NFL center (Panthers, Packers, Raiders)
- Dennis Bergkamp, Amsterdam Neth, soccer player (Ajax)
- John Scalzi, American writer
- Judson Mills, Purcellville Va, actor (Hutch-As The World Turns)
- Pete Schourek, pitcher (Cincinnati Reds), born in Austin, Texas