- Apr 19 Oklahoma City bombing - a truck bomb at Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building kills 168 & injures 500
- May 11 In New York City, more than 170 countries decide to extend the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty indefinitely and without conditions.
- Jul 11 7,000 Bosnian Muslim men are massacred when Bosnian Serbs overrun the UN 'safe haven' of Srebrenica
- Jul 23 Comet Hale-Bopp is discovered and becomes visible to the naked eye nearly a year later
- Dec 14 Yugoslav Wars: The Dayton Agreement is signed in Paris by leaders of various governments ending the conflict in former Yugoslavia
- Jun 13 Björk releases her 2nd art pop solo album "Post"
- Aug 14 "Battle of Brit Pop" rival bands Oasis (Roll with It) and Blur (Country House) release singles on the same day
- Oct 2 British band Oasis release their second studio album "(What's the Story) Morning Glory?", sells record 347,000 copies 1st week
- Dec 7 American rock band The Grateful Dead break up
- Jun 18 All Black Jonah Lomu scores the try of the Rugby World Cup, running over Mike Catt in New Zealand's 45-29 defeat of England
- Jun 24 3rd Rugby World Cup, Ellis Park, Johannesburg: Springboks fly-half Joel Stransky lands the winning drop goal in extra time as South Africa beats New Zealand, 15-12
- Jul 8 Wimbledon Women's Tennis: German superstar Steffi Graf beats Arantxa Sánchez Vicario of Spain 4-6, 6-1, 7-5 for her 6th Wimbledon title
- Oct 3 O.J. Simpson found not guilty of the murder of Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman in Los Angeles, California
51 Pegasi discovered as the first major star, apart from the Sun, to have a planet orbiting around it
On October 6, 1995