- Apr 19 Oklahoma City bombing - a truck bomb at Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building kills 168 & injures 500
- May 11 In New York City, more than 170 countries decide to extend the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty indefinitely and without conditions.
- Jul 11 7,000 Bosnian Muslim men are massacred when Bosnian Serbs overrun the UN 'safe haven' of Srebrenica.
- Jul 23 Comet Hale-Bopp is discovered and becomes visible to the naked eye nearly a year later
- Oct 3 O.J. Simpson found not guilty of the murder of Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman in Los Angeles, California
- Dec 14 Yugoslav Wars: The Dayton Agreement is signed in Paris by leaders of various governments ending the conflict in former Yugoslavia
51 Pegasi discovered as the first major star, apart from the Sun, to have a planet orbiting around it
On October 6, 1995
"Back for Good" single released by British boy Band Take That, reaches No. 1 in 31 countries
On March 27, 1995