- 56th NASCAR Sprint Cup: Kurt Busch wins
- CFL Grey Cup, Frank Clair Stadium, Ottawa: Toronto Argonauts defeat BC Lions, 27-19; first Grey Cup game played on next-generation FieldTurf surface
- Island of Dominica hit by the most destructive earthquake in its history. Damage concentrated in the north and the town of Portsmouth. Also felt in neighboring Guadeloupe, where one person is killed.
Roger Federer of Switzerland wins back-to-back season-ending Tennis Masters Cup titles with a 6–3, 6–2 victory over Australian Leyton Hewitt in the final in Houston, Texas
- The Paris Club agrees to write off 80% (up to $100 billion) of Iraq's external debt.
- The second round of the Ukrainian presidential election is held, unleashing massive protests and controversy over the election's integrity.
About November 21, 2004
Day of the Week: Sunday
How Long Ago? 18 years, 6 months and 8 days
Leap Year: Yes
Generation: Generation Z
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Star Sign: Scorpio
- #1 Song: My Boo - Usher And Alicia Keys
- #1 Song: I'll Stand By You - Girls Aloud