Archbishop Carlo Maria Vigano, former US Vatican Ambassador, claims Pope Francis knew of and ignored sex abuse allegations against Cardinal Theodore McCarrick
- Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop resigns after losing Liberal Party leadership contest
- Danny Boyle pulls out of directing the next James Bond film due to 'creative differences'
- Gamer at a Madden NFL 19 gaming tournament in Jacksonville, Florida, loses then returns to shoot two dead and wound nine
- Moroccan pop singer Saad Lamjarred arrested in Saint-Tropez, France on a rape allegation
- Pope Francis asks for forgiveness in speech on child abuse in Dublin, during first official visit to Ireland since 1979
- Rosa Bouglione, French circus performer, dies at 107