- Attempts to establish mob council in Sicily thwarted when 46 members of the mafia arrested including Settimio Mineo
- First successful birth resulting from uterus transplant from a deceased donor in São Paulo, Brazil
- French couture house Chanel ends its use of fur and exotic skins following bans by other companies
French President Emmanuel Macron drops controversial rise in fuel tax after three weeks of mass protests
- Native Americans had just one migration from Siberia to the New World, at most 23,000 years ago, in research published in "Nature" and "Science"
- Ownership group Seattle Hockey Partners led by billionaire businessman Davis Bonderman is unanimously granted an NHL license by the Board of Governors; to start play 2020-21 season at KeyArena
- Scottish artist Charlotte Prodger wins the 2018 Turner Prize with film shot on her iPhone
Theresa May's UK government suffers three parliamentary defeats in one day, also found in contempt of parliament for failing to publish report in full on Brexit