- Earliest evidence for figural tattoos (bull and sheep) on two naturally mummified bodies from Egypt’s predynastic period (3351-3017BC) published in "Journal of Archaeological Science"
- Hope Hicks resigns as White House Communications Director to President Trump
- Parisian designer Riccardo Tisci is named the new designer of British brand Burberry after the exit of Christopher Bailey
US President Donald Trump says he will impose 25% steel, 10% aluminium import tariffs, raising fears of a trade war
Vladimir Putin in his annual state address claims Russia has an "invincible” intercontinental cruise missile
- Anatoly Lein, Soviet-born American chess Grandmaster (1968), dies at 86
- Bender [Alexander Buchanan], Canadian underground hip hop artist (Flight Distance, King of the Dot), dies at 37
- Orin C Smith, American businessman and CEO of Starbucks (2000-05), dies of pancreatic cancer 75