- 1238 The Mongols burn the Russian city of Vladimir
- 1301 Edward of Caernarion (later Edward II) becomes first (English) Prince of Wales
- 1842 Battle of Debre Tabor: Ras Ali Alula, Regent of the Emperor of Ethiopia defeats warlord Wube Haile Maryam of Semien
- 1856 The colonial Tasmanian Parliament passes the first piece of legislation (the Electoral Act of 1856) anywhere in the world providing for elections by way of a secret ballot.
- 1991 The IRA launches a mortar attack on 10 Downing Street during a cabinet meeting.
- 1992 Maastricht Treaty signed by 12 countries from the European Community (EC) to create the European Union (EU)
Henry Clay declares in Senate "I had rather be right than president"
On February 7, 1839
Britain's Ellen MacArthur becomes the fastest person to sail solo around the world taking 71 days, 14 hours, 18 minutes 33 seconds
On February 7, 2005