- 1373 Anglo-Portuguese Treaty of Alliance (world's oldest extant) signed in London
- 1866 US House of representatives passes 14th Amendment (Civil rights)
- 1878 Congress of Berlin begins, determines the territories of the states in the Balkan peninsula following the Russo-Turkish War of 1877–78
- 1956 The last British troops leave the Suez Canal Zone in Egypt
- 2000 President Kim Dae Jung of South Korea meets Kim Jong-il, leader of North Korea, for the beginning of the first ever inter-Korea summit, in the northern capital of Pyongyang.
- 1895 Emile Levassor wins the first automobile race in history the Paris-Bordeaux-Paris, taking 48 hours and 48 minutes (1,178 km)
Longest recorded attack of hiccups begins: Charlie Osborne gets the hiccups and continues for 68 years, dies 11 months after it stops
On June 13, 1922
Floods in Tbilisi, Georgia, kill 12 people and free animals from the city's zoo including bears and hippos to roam the city
On June 13, 2015
- 1525 Martin Luther marries Katharina von Bora, against the celibacy rule decreed by the Roman Catholic Church for priests and nuns.
- 1625 English king Charles I marries French princess Henriette
- 1850 Poet Alfred Tennyson (40) weds Emily Sellwood (36)
- 1859 Landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted (37) weds Mary Cleveland
- 1898 US diplomat Owen D. Young weds Josephine Sheldon Edmonds in Southbridge, Massachusetts