- 1675 German mathetician Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz demonstrates integral calculus for the first time to find the area under the graph of y = f(x) function
- 1745 Bonnie Prince Charlie's army enters England
- 1918 Armistice signed by the Allies and Germany comes into effect and World War I hostilities end at 11am, "the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month"
- 1975 Australian Prime Minister Gough Whitlam removed from office by Governor General Sir John Kerr - 1st elected PM removed in 200 yrs
- 1992 The Church of England approves the ordination of female priests
- 2004 Yasser Arafat's death through unidentified causes confirmed by Palestine Liberation Organization, Mahmoud Abbas elected PLO chairman minutes later.
Australian Bushranger and outlaw Ned Kelly is hanged at Melbourne Gaol
On November 11, 1880
Washington Irving's Salmagundi periodical published - first to associate the name "Gotham" with New York City
On November 11, 1807