Events 601 - 635 of 635
- Dec 15 The American Federation of Labor adopts a no-strike policy in war industries.
- Dec 16 Sarawak occupied by Japanese forces
- Dec 19 US Office of Censorship created to control info pertaining to WW II
- Dec 20 Free France under adm Muselier occupies St-Pierre et Miquelon
- Dec 20 Japanese troops land on Mindanao, Philippines
- Dec 20 World War II: First battle of the American Volunteer Group, better known as the "Flying Tigers" in Kunming, China.
- Dec 21 Chicago Bears Ray McLean makes last NFL drop kick for an extra point
Dec 21 National Football League Championship, Wrigley Field, Chicago: Chicago Bears beat New York Giants, 37-9; first team in NFL championship game era (since 1933) to win consecutive titles; Bears 5th title overall
- Dec 25 Japan announces surrender of British-Canadian garrison at Hong Kong
- Dec 25 Japanese aircraft carriers Akagi/Kagu back in Kure, Japan
- Dec 26 Winston Churchill becomes first British Prime Minister to address a joint meeting of the US Congress, warning that Axis would "stop at nothing"
- Dec 27 Japan bombs Manila even though it was declared an "open city"
Dec 30 In an emotional speech to the Canadian Parliament Winston Churchill states Britain will never surrender to "Hitler and his Nazi gang" and that "they have asked for total war. Let us make sure they get it". Afterwards Yousef Karsh captures him in his famous photograph, "The Roaring Lion".Read Article