Events 401 - 428 of 428
- Nov 27 New Zealand's All Blacks thump Six Nations Rugby Union Champions France 45-6 in Paris
- Nov 27 Marco Antonio Barrera beats Erik Morales by majority decision to win WBC super featherweight boxing title at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas; final fight of legendary trilogy; The Ring's 'Fight of the Year'
- Nov 28 Male Poʻo-uli dies of Avian malaria in the Maui Bird Conservation Center in Olinda, Hawaii before it could breed, making the species in all probability extinct
- Nov 28 Federation Cup Women's Tennis, Moscow, Russia: Anastasia Myskina & Vera Zvonareva beat French pair Marion Bartoli & Émilie Loit 7-6, 7-5 to clinch Russia's first title, 3-2
- Nov 30 Department of Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge resigns
- Nov 30 Lion Air Flight 538 crash lands in Surakarta, Central Java, Indonesia, killing 26
- Dec 8 Cuzco Declaration is signed in Cuzco, Peru, establishing the Union of South American Nations
- Dec 14 The Millau viaduct, the highest bridge in the world, designed by architect Norman FOster and engineer Michel Virlogeux, near Millau, France is officially opened
- Dec 16 NASA's Voyager 1 spacecraft is the 1st to cross the termination shock, where solar and interstellar winds merge
- Dec 19 World's largest indoor water park Tropical Islands Resort, opens in the Aerium, an old airship hanger, in the world's largest free-standing hall, south of Berlin, Germany
- Dec 23 Macquarie Island in the Southern Ocean is hit by an 8.1 magnitude earthquake.
- Dec 25 Cassini orbiter releases Huygens probe which successfully landed on Saturn's moon Titan on January 14, 2005.
Dec 26 9.3 magnitude earthquake creates a tsunami causing devastation in Sri Lanka, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, the Maldives and edges of the Indian Ocean, killing 230,000 people
- Dec 27 Radiation from an explosion on the magnetar SGR 1806-20 reaches Earth. It is the brightest extrasolar event known to have been witnessed on the planet.
- Dec 30 A fire in the República Cromagnon nightclub in Buenos Aires, Argentina kills 194.
- Dec 31 Official opening of Taipei 101, then the tallest skyscraper in the world, at a height of 509 metres (1,670 feet)