Events in Film & Television in November 1964

  • Nov 2 CBS purchases 80% of Yanks for $11,200,000, later buys remaining 20%
  • Nov 6 WEIQ TV channel 42 in Mobile, AL (PBS) begins broadcasting
  • Nov 8 KUPK TV channel 13 in Garden City, KS (ABC) begins broadcasting
  • Nov 9 "Comedy in Music-Opus 2" opens at John Golden NYC for 192 performances
  • Nov 15 KBYU TV channel 11 in Provo, UT (PBS) begins broadcasting
  • Nov 22 WITF TV channel 33 in Harrisburg-Hershey, PA (PBS) begins broadcasting