Events in Film & TV on November 2

  • 1936 At 3pm the BBC begins the world's first regular high-definition TV broadcast service from specially constructed studios at Alexandra Palace, North London
  • 1936 The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) is established
  • 1948 WJZ TV channel 13 in Baltimore, MD (ABC) begins broadcasting

Event of interestEvent of Interest

1954 BBC radio comedy "Hancock's Half Hour" debuts starring Tony Hancock and Sid James, written by Ray Galton and Alan Simpson

Comedian Tony Hancock
Comedian
Tony Hancock
  • 1964 CBS purchases 80% of Yanks for $11,200,000, later buys remaining 20%
  • 1966 KHSD TV channel 11 in Lead, SD (ABC) begins broadcasting

Event of interestEvent of Interest

1973 "Barbra Streisand ...and Other Musical Instruments" airs on CBS TV

Singer-songwriter & Actress Barbra Streisand
Singer-songwriter & Actress
Barbra Streisand

Event of interestEvent of Interest

1983 US President Ronald Reagan signs bill establishing Dr Martin Luther King Jr. holiday

Civil Rights Activist Martin Luther King Jr.
Civil Rights Activist
Martin Luther King Jr.
US President & Actor Ronald Reagan
US President & Actor
Ronald Reagan

Event of interestEvent of Interest

1993 Actor Roger Moore (James Bond) has his enlarged prostate removed