Events 101 - 124 of 124
- 1993 Puerto Rico votes against becoming the 51st US state
- 1994 1st trains for public run in Channel Tunnel under English Channel
- 1994 Space shuttle STS-66 (Atlantis 13), lands
- 1997 Colo Rockie Larry Walker wins NL MVP
- 1997 Disney's "Lion King" sets Broadway record of $2,700,000 daily sale
- 2001 War in Afghanistan: Afghan Northern Alliance fighters takeover the capital Kabul.
- 2001 OPEC announces that it intends to cut its crude oil output quotas by 1.5 million barrels per day effective, but only if non-OPEC producers cut their output by 500,000 barrels per day as well.
- 2002 Argentina defaults on an $805 million World Bank payment.
2002 The United States House of Representatives votes not to create an independent commission to investigate the September 11 attacks.
- 2007 the last direct-current distribution by Con Edison was shut down.
- 2008 Italy plunges into recession, its first since the start of 2005, after GDP contracts a steeper-than-expected 0.5% in the third quarter
- 2008 Hong Kong becomes the second Asian economy to tip into recession, its exports hit by weakening global demand
- 2008 Eurozone officially slips into recession for the first time since its creation in 1999, pushed down by recessions in Germany and Italy
- 2009 The National Statistical Service of Greece states that the country has been in recession since the beginning of the year
- 2012 A series of protests against austerity measures occur across Europe including Spain, Portugal, and Greece
- 2012 CFBDSIR 2149-0403 is discovered, the closest rogue planet to earth (100 light-years away)
- 2016 7.8 earthquake cuts off town of Kaikoura, New Zealand, raising sea bed by 4m, and killing 2 people