Events in History
- 355 Roman Emperor Constantius II proclaims his cousin Julian as Caesar
- 1153 Treaty of Wallingford (Oxfordshire) signed between King Stephen and the Empress Maude (aka Matilda)
- 1282 Battle of Menai Straits (Moel-y-don): forces of Edward I defeated as they try to cross a pontoon bridge during their reconquor of Wales
- 1528 Shipwrecked Spanish conquistador Álvar Núñez Cabeza de Vaca becomes first known European to set foot in Texas
- 1534 Zealand hit by heavy storm
- 1572 Supernova is observed in constellation known as Cassiopeia
- 1657 Brandenburg & Poland sign unity of Bromberg
- 1789 Pope Pius VI appoints Father John Carroll as the first Catholic bishop in the United States
- More Events in History
Weddings in History
- 1935 English Prince Henry weds Alice Montagu-Douglas-Scott
More Weddings in History
November in History
400 Years of Celebration After Plotters Fail to Kill a KingSeething after years of persecution over their religion, a group of 13 English Catholics decided on this day in history to take action. Extreme action.
November 5, 1605
Catherine the Great Builds a New RussiaCatherine the Great, who died on this day, dragged Russia into the modern era while leading a life filled with political drama, sexual intrigue – and murder.
November 6, 1796
The Great Lord Lucan MysteryLord Lucan vanished on this day after his wife was attacked and their nanny murdered. But where did he go?
November 7, 1974
Foundation of Delta Sigma PiThree of the four founders of Delta Sigma Pi at New York University
November 7, 1932