On This Day in History for November 7
Events in History
- 680 Third Council of Constantinople (6th ecumenical council) opens
- 921 Treaty of Bonn: East France & West France recognize each other
- 1492 Ensisheim Meteorite strikes a wheat field near the village of Ensisheim in Alsace, France. Oldest meteorite with a known date of impact.
- 1512 Medici's discharge Niccolo Machiavelli from Florence
- 1519 University of Leuven convicts teaching of Luther
- 1558 French King Henry II occupies Calais
- 1631 Pierre Gassendi observes 1st ever transit of Mercury predicted by Kepler
- 1637 Anne Hutchinson tried in Massachusetts Bay Colony as a heretic
- More Events in History
Weddings in History
- 1597 Emilia of Nassau weds Dom Emanuel of Portugal
- 1957 Cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin (23) weds Valentina Ivanovna Goryacheva
More Weddings in History
November in History
Catherine the Great Builds a New RussiaCatherine the Great, who died on this day, dragged Russia into the modern era while leading a life filled with political drama, sexual intrigue – and murder.
November 6, 1796
The Great Lord Lucan MysteryLord Lucan vanished on this day after his wife was attacked and their nanny murdered. But where did he go?
November 7, 1974
Foundation of Delta Sigma PiThree of the four founders of Delta Sigma Pi at New York University
November 7, 1932
Red OctoberProtesters scatter in Petrograd shortly after Russian government troops opened fire
November 7, 1917