Mar 30 The people of Sicily rebel against the Angevin king Charles I, in what becomes known as the Sicilian Vespers
- Sep 4 King of Aragon Pedro III annexes Sicily
- Oct 13 Nichiren Daishonin, founder of the Nichiren School of Buddhism, dies, his ashes are interred at Taisekiji Temple
- Nov 6 Battle of Menai Straits (Moel-y-don): forces of Edward I defeated as they try to cross a pontoon bridge during their reconquor of Wales
- Nov 9 Pope Martinus IV excommunicates king Pedro III of Aragon
- Dec 11 Llywelyn ab Gruffydd/Llywelyn the Last, last native Prince of Wales is killed at Cilmeri, near Builth Wells, south Wales. Reigned from 1259.