May 15 German astronomer Johannes Kepler discovers the third of his three planetary laws his "harmonics law"
- May 23 Second Defenestration of Prague: Two Catholic Lords Regent and their secretary are thrown out of a window and amazingly are not seriously injured by the 70 foot (21m) fall. Triggers the Thirty Years' War.
- Jul 16 Captain John Gilbert patents 1st dredger in Britain
- Jul 30 Prince Maurits' troops pull into Utrecht
- Sep 4 "Rodi" avalanche destroys Plurs, Switzerland, 1,500 killed
Oct 29 English adventurer, writer and courtier Walter Raleigh is beheaded for allegedly conspiring against King James I of England
- Dec 11 The Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth and the Tsardom of Russia agree to the Truce of Deulino ending the Polish–Muscovite War (1605–1618)