- 1877-12-06 Washington Post publishes 1st edition
- 1972-08-01 1st article exposing Watergate scandal by Bernstein and Woodward in "The Washington Post"
- 2017-10-15 60 Minutes and The Washington Post publish story detailing how Congress passed a bill sponsored by Tom Marino that hindered the fight against the opioid crisis
- 2017-11-09 Alabama Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore accused of sexual misconduct with teenage girls in "Washington Post" report
- 2019-01-14 US President Donald Trump denies he is a Russian agent after NY Times article states the FBI started an investigation and the Washington Post raised issues over a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin
- 2019-12-09 US officials "deliberately misled" the public on progress of the Afghanistan war, hid that it was a lost cause, according to The Washington Post analysis of the "Afghanistan Papers"
- 2021-01-02 US President Donald Trump says to Georgia's secretary of state Brad Raffensperger "I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have,” in recording released by the Washington Post
- 1917-06-16 Katharine Graham, American newspaper publisher (Washington Post), born in NYC, New York
- 1930-12-27 Meg Greenfield, American Pulitzer Prize winning editorial writer (Washington Post; Newsweek), born in Seattle, Washington (d. 1999)
- 1947-10-11 Thomas Boswell, American sports columnist (Washington Post), born in Washington, D.C.
- 1948-11-03 Tom Shales, TV critic (Washington Post)
- 1950-03-13 Charles Krauthammer, American conservative political commentator and psychiatrist (The Washington Post), born in NYC, New York (d. 2018)
- 1958-11-19 Michael Wilbon, American sports analyst (The Washington Post), born in Chicago, Illinois
- 1968-04-20 The Washington Post reporter Carl Bernstein (24) weds fellow reporter Carol Honsa
- 1999-05-13 Meg Greenfield, American Pulitzer Prize winning editorial writer (Washington Post; Newsweek), dies of cancer at 68
- 2001-07-17 Katharine Graham, American publisher (The Washington Post during Watergate), dies at 84
- 2007-01-17 Art Buchwald, American columnist and author (The Washington Post), dies at 81
- 2018-06-21 Charles Krauthammer, American conservative political commentator and psychiatrist (The Washington Post), dies small intestine cancer of at 68