- 1904 Leos Janacek's opera "Jenufa" premieres in Brno
- 1927 1st national opera broadcast from a US opera house (Faust, Chicago)
- 1950 "Lend an Ear" closes at National Theater NYC after 460 performances
- 1961 "Conquering Hero" closes at ANTA Theater NYC after 8 performances
- 1961 Francis Poulenc's "Gloria" premieres in Boston (Boston Symphony and Chorus Pro Musica under conductor Charles Münch)
- 1987 B.B. King is inducted into the "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame"
1987 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees: The Coasters; Eddie Cochran; Bo Diddley; Aretha Franklin; Marvin Gaye; Bill Haley; B.B. King; Clyde McPhatter; Ricky Nelson; Roy Orbison; Carl Perkins; Smokey Robinson; Joe Turner; Muddy Waters; Jackie Wilson; Louis Jordan; T-Bone Walker; Hank Williams; Leonard Chess; Ahmet Ertegun; Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller; and Jerry Wexler