Profession: Racing Car Driver
Why Famous: Raced in numerous genres of motorsports becoming the only driver to win the Indianapolis 500 (which he won four times), the Daytona 500, the 24 Hours of Daytona, and the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
- 1960-09-05 A. J. Foyt wins the first of 67 Indy car victories at Du Quoin, Illinois. State Fairgrounds
- 1961-05-30 Indianapolis 500: A. J. Foyt wins in 3:35:37.540 (223.908 km/h)
- 1964-05-30 Indianapolis 500: A. J. Foyt wins in 3:23:35.813 (237.137 km/h)
- 1967-05-31 Indianapolis 500: A. J. Foyt wins in 3:18:24.211 (243.344 km/h)
- 1967-06-11 A. J. Foyt and Dan Gurney drive a Ford to victory in Le Mans
- 1977-05-29 Indianapolis 500: A. J. Foyt wins for a record 4th time