Profession: Auto Racer
Why Famous: Won four Indianapolis 500 races in 1970, 1971, 1978 and 1987.
- 1970-05-30 Indianapolis 500: Al Unser Snr joins his brother Bobby as the first duo of brothers to win the race; owner Parnelli Jones second to win as both a driver and owner
- 1971-05-29 Indianapolis 500: Defending champion Al Unser Snr becomes first and only driver to win race on his birthday; leads for final 83 laps
- 1978-05-28 Indianapolis 500: Al Unser Snr in a Lola dominates second half of race to hold off Tom Sneva for his third Indy victory
- 1987-05-24 Indianapolis 500: 47 year-old, now part-time driver Al Unser Sr. wins his record-tying 4th Indy title in a huge upset
- 1991-05-26 Indianapolis 500: Rick Mears wins from pole, becoming the third 4-time winner (joins A. J. Foyt and Al Unser); record 6th career pole position for Mears