Profession: 1st US Secretary of Treasury
Why Famous: Founding father of the United States, chief of staff to General Washington, one of the most influential interpreters and promoters of the Constitution, the founder of the nation's financial system, and the founder of the first American political party.
- 1780-12-14 US founding father Alexander Hamilton (25) weds Elizabeth Schuyler (23) at Schuyler Mansion in Albany, New York
- 1787-10-27 Federalist Papers start appearing in New York newspapers under pseudonym "Publius" (written by Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, and John Jay)
- 1789-09-11 Alexander Hamilton appointed 1st Secretary of the US Treasury
- 1804-07-11 Vice President of the United States Aaron Burr mortally wounds former Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton in a pistol duel
- 1804-07-12 Former United States Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton dies after being shot in a pistol duel by Vice President Aaron Burr
- 2015-06-17 US Treasury announced that the image of Alexander Hamilton will be replaced from the US $10 bill by an image of a woman