Why Famous: One of the most prominent figures of the early Renaissance. He was King of Aragon, Valencia, Majorca, Sardinia and Corsica, Sicily, and Count of Barcelona.
- 1416-04-02 Alfonso V succeeds his father as king of Aragon
- 1424-12-06 Don Alfonso V of Aragon grants Barcelona the right to exclude Jews
- 1428-02-05 King Alfonso V, orders Sicily's Jews to attend conversion sermons
- 1435-08-05 Battle at Ponza: king Alfonso V of Aragon captured by Genuezen
- 1442-06-12 King Alfonso V of Aragon occupies Naples
- 1442-07-12 King Alfonso V of Aragon becomes King of Naples
- 1455-04-08 Alfonso de Borgia elected as Pope Callistus III