Profession: Semiconductor Pioneer and CEO of Intel
Why Famous: One of the founders and the CEO of Intel Corporation who helped transform the company into the world's largest manufacturer of semiconductors.
In 1997, Time magazine chose him as "Man of the Year" for being "the person most responsible for the amazing growth in the power and the innovative potential of microchips."
- 1958-06-08 Author and a science pioneer in the semiconductor industry Andrew Grove (21) weds Eva Kastan
- 1968-07-18 The Intel Corporation is founded in Santa Clara, California
- 1971-11-15 Intel advertises 4004-processor
- 1980-09-30 Ethernet specifications published by Xerox working with Intel and Digital Equipment Corporation.
- 1985-10-16 Intel introduces 32-bit 80386 microcomputer chip
- 1989-04-10 Intel corp announces shipment of 80-486 chip
- 1991-04-22 Intel releases 486SX chip
- 1993-03-22 Intel introduces Pentium-processor (80586) 64 bits-60 MHz-100+ MIPS
- 1993-05-17 Intel's new Pentium processor is unveiled
- 1994-10-30 Thomas Nicely reports bug in Intel's Pentium-processor on the Internet
- 1996-06-10 Intel releases 200 mhz pentium chip
- 1997-10-27 Intel Corp buys Digital Equipment for $700 million
- 1997-12-31 Intel cuts price of Pentium II-233 MHz from $401 to $268
- 1998-01-26 Intel launches 333 MHz Pentium II chip
- 1998-02-12 Intel unveils its 1st graphics chip i740
- 2005-06-27 AMD files broad antitrust complaints against Intel Corporation in U.S. Federal District Court, alleging abuse of monopoly powers and antitrust violations.
- 2014-02-12 Intel entrepreneur and co-founder of the X-PRIZE Foundation, Peter Diamandis, claims that 50% of US jobs are under threat of being mechanized within 10 years