Why Famous: Queen of England from 1533 to 1536 and the second wife of King Henry VIII.
Boleyn was a key figure in the political and religious upheaval that became the start of the English Reformation.
- 1533-06-01 Anne Boleyn crowned Queen of England
- 1536-04-21 Thomas Cromwell begins to plot Anne Boleyn's downfall while feigning illness
- 1536-05-02 Anne Boleyn is arrested and taken to the Tower of London
- 1536-05-15 Anne Boleyn & brother George, Lord Rochford, accused of adultery and incest
- 1536-05-17 Anne Boleyn's 4 "lovers" executed
- 1536-05-19 Anne Boleyn, second wife of English King Henry VIII, is beheaded at the Tower of London on charges of adultery, incest and treason