Profession: 106th US Supreme Court Justice
Why Famous: Kennedy was nominated to the United States Supreme Court by President Ronald Reagan in 1987; he was sworn in the next year and served until retiring in 2018. He was then succeeded by Brett Kavanaugh, as nominated by President Donald Trump, who had been Kennedy's law clerk.
- 1987-11-11 Judge Anthony Kennedy nominated to Supreme Court
- 1988-01-27 Senate Judiciary Committee unanimously approves nomination of Judge Anthony Kennedy to US Supreme Court
- 1988-02-11 Anthony Kennedy appointed to US Supreme Court
- 1988-02-18 Anthony Kennedy, sworn in as US Supreme Court Justice
- 2018-06-27 US Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy announces he will retire on July 31