Full Name: José Antonio Domínguez Bandera
Why Famous: Banderas began his film career in his native Spain, appearing in a number of films by prominent Spanish director Pedro Almodóvar. These included "Law of Desire", in which he played a gay man, and the internationally successful "Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown"
Banderas then went on to gain a number of high-profile roles in Hollywood movies, including "Assassins", "Evita" with Maddona, the Oscar nominated "Philadelphia", "Desperado", "The Mask of Zorro" and "Spy Kids".
Banderas was also the voice of "Puss in Boots" in the animated Shrek films.
- 1996-05-14 Actor Antonio Banderas (35) weds actress Melanie Griffith (38) at the Westminster register office in London
- 2014-06-06 Actess Melanie Griffith (45) and actor Antonio Banderas (53) file for divorce citing irreconcilable differences after 18 years of marriage
- 2015-12-04 Actors Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas divorce after 19 years of marriage
- 1988-03-25 "Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown" film written and directed by Pedro Almodóvar, starring Carmen Maura and Antonio Banderas is released
- 1998-07-17 "The Mask of Zorro" directed by Martin Campbell, starring Antonio Banderas, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Anthony Hopkins is released