Profession: 11x Prime Minister of France
Why Famous: Briand was a French statesman that served eleven terms as Prime Minister of France, particularly during the period between World Wars One and Two.
For his efforts towards reconciliation between France and Germany, Briand received a Nobel Peace Prize jointly with Gustav Stresemann; then foreign minister of Germany.
While Briand's efforts to prevent another conflict were ultimately unsuccessful, he is remembered for his small successes and ardent ideals.
- 1911-01-17 Failed assassination attempt on French Prime Minister Aristide Briand in the French Assembly
- 1913-01-21 Aristide Briand forms French government for the 2nd time
- 1915-10-29 Aristide Briand becomes Prime Minister of France for the 3rd time
- 1915-12-12 Aristide Briand forms French war government
- 1925-11-28 7th French government of Aristide Briand sworn-in
- 1926-06-15 7th French government of Aristide Briand falls
- 1926-06-23 8th French government of Aristide Briand forms
- 1928-08-27 Kellogg-Briand Pact, 60 nations agree to condemn 'recourse to war for the solution of international controversies'.
- 1928-09-06 USSR signs Briand-Kellogg-pact
- 1929-07-24 US President Herbert Hoover proclaims Kellogg-Briand Pact which renounces war
- 1929-07-31 Aristide Briand becomes premier of France for the 6th time
- 1929-09-05 French premier Aristide Briand requests a United States of Europe
- 1929-10-22 8th French government of Aristide Briand falls