Profession: Composer and Painter
Why Famous: Austrian composer and painter associated with the expressionist movement in German poetry and art, and leader of the Second Viennese School. His approach has been one of the most influential of 20th-century musical thought.
- 1902-03-18 Arnold Schoenberg's "Verklärte Nacht" premieres in Vienna
- 1905-01-26 Arnold Schoenberg's "Pelleas und Melissande" premieres in Vienna
- 1907-02-05 Arnold Schoenberg's 1st string quartet premieres in Vienna
- 1912-09-03 Arnold Schoenberg's "Funf Orchesterstucke" (Five Pieces for Orchestra) premieres in London at a Promenade Concert
- 1912-10-16 Arnold Schoenberg's "Pierrot Lunaire," premieres at the Berlin Choralion-Saal sung by Albertine Zehme
- 1942-04-08 Arnold Schoenberg & Tudor's ballet "Pillar of Fire" premieres in NYC
- 1944-01-23 Arnold Schoenberg's "Ode to Napoleon" premieres in NYC
- 1945-11-18 Arnold Schoenberg's Prelude for orchestra & mixed choir, premieres
- 1954-01-29 Arnold Schoenberg's "De Profundis" premieres in Cologne
- 1954-03-12 1st performance of Arnold Schoenberg's "Moses und Aaron"
- 1956-05-29 Arnold Schoenberg's "Modern Psalm" premieres