Why Famous: A prominent figure in American theatre, writing plays such as All My Sons (1947), Death of a Salesman (1949), The Crucible (1953) and A View from the Bridge (one-act, 1955; revised two-act, 1956), as well as the film The Misfits (1961). Often in the public eye, popularly remembered for having been married to Marilyn Monroe
- 1956-06-29 Actress and sex symbol Marilyn Monroe (30) weds for 3rd time playwright Arthur Miller (40) at White Plains Court House in White Plains, New York
- 1947-01-29 Arthur Miller's "All My Sons" premieres in NYC
- 1947-04-06 1st Tony Awards: Arthur Miller, David Wayne & Patricia Neal win for theatrical achievements
- 1949-02-10 Arthur Miller's "Death of a Salesman" opens at Morosco Theater, NYC
- 1949-05-02 Arthur Miller wins Pulitzer Prize for "Death of a Salesman"
- 1953-01-22 Arthur Miller's "Crucible" premieres in NYC
- 1955-09-29 Arthur Millers "View From The Bridge" premieres in NYC
- 1964-01-23 Arthur Miller's "After the Fall" premieres in NYC
- 1968-02-07 Arthur Miller's "Price" premieres in NYC
- 2009-12-28 Scarlett Johansson makes her debut on Broadway in the Arthur Miller play "A View from the Bridge"
- "The apple cannot be stuck back on the Tree of Knowledge; once we begin to see, we are doomed and challenged to seek the strength to see more, not less."