Profession: Tennis Player and Four-Time Major Champion
Why Famous: Played his best year in 1958, when he won three of the four Grand Slam events (and lost in the finals in the other), becoming one of only 11 men to win three Grand Slam events in the same year.
- 1957-01-28 Australian Championship Men's Tennis: Ashley Cooper wins 1st of 2 straight Australian titles; beats fellow Australian Neale Fraser 6-3, 9-11, 6-4, 6-2
- 1957-07-05 Wimbledon Men's Tennis: Lew Hoad successfully defends in crown beating fellow Australian Ashley Cooper 6-2, 6-1, 6-2
- 1957-09-08 US National Championship Men's Tennis, Forest Hills, NY: In an all-Australian final Mal Anderson wins his only Grand Slam event; beats Ashley Cooper 10-8, 7-5, 6-4
- 1958-01-27 Australian Championships Men's Tennis: Ashley Cooper wins 2nd straight Australian title; beats fellow Australian Malcolm Anderson 7-5, 6-3, 6-4
- 1958-07-04 Wimbledon Men's Tennis: In an all-Australian final Ashley Cooper wins his only Wimbledon singles title beating Neale Fraser 3-6, 6-3, 6-4, 13-11
- 1958-09-07 US National Championship Men's Tennis, Forest Hills, NY: Ashley Cooper outlasts fellow Australian Mal Anderson 6-2, 3-6, 4-6, 10-8, 8-6 for his 3rd Grand Slam event win of the year