Profession: Tennis Player and Four-Time Major Champion
Why Famous: Played his best year in 1958, when he won three of the four Grand Slam events (and lost in the finals in the other), becoming one of only 11 men to win three Grand Slam events in the same year.
- 1957-01-28 45th Men's Australian Championships: Ashley Cooper beats Neale Fraser (6-3, 9-11, 6-4, 6-2)
- 1957-07-05 Wimbledon Men's Tennis: Lew Hoad successfully defends in crown beating fellow Australian Ashley Cooper 6-2, 6-1, 6-2
- 1957-09-08 77th U.S. Men's National Championship: Malcolm Anderson beats Ashley Cooper (10-8, 7-5, 6-4)
- 1958-01-27 46th Men's Australian Championships: Ashley Cooper beats Malcolm Anderson (7-5, 6-3, 6-4)
- 1958-07-04 Wimbledon Men's Tennis: In an all-Australian final Ashley Cooper wins his only Wimbledon singles title beating Neale Fraser 3-6, 6-3, 6-4, 13-11
- 1958-09-07 78th U.S. Men's National Championship: Ashley Cooper beats Malcolm Anderson (6-2, 3-6, 4-6, 10-8, 8-6)