Biography: A film and fashion icon during Hollywood's Golden Age, Hepburn is one of the few people to have won an Academy Award, Emmy, Grammy, and Tony award.
In her first major role Hepburn became the first actress to win an Academy Award, a Golden Globe and a BAFTA for "Roman Holiday" (1953). Hepburn's other major film roles included "Breakfast at Tiffany's" (1961), My Fair Lady (1964) and the thriller "Wait Until Dark" (1967)
Hepburn formed an influential professional relationship and friendship with the Parisian courtier Hubert de Givenchy who created her famous gamine on screen look, including the iconic "little black dress" from the 1961 film "Breakfast at Tiffany's".
In later life Hepburn was a UNICEF Ambassador, making many field trips and testifying before US Congress. She is the recipient of a number of humanitarian awards, including the US Presidential Medal of Freedom.
- 1954-09-25 "Roman Holiday" actress Audrey Hepburn (25) weds actor Mel Ferrer (37) in Burgenstock, Switzerland; divorce in 1968
- 1969-01-18 Actress Audrey Hepburn (39) marries 2nd husband Italian psychiatrist Andrea Dotti; divorce in 1982
- 1953-08-27 "Roman Holiday", starring Audrey Hepburn, Gregory Peck, and Eddie Albert, is released
- 1954-01-22 11th Golden Globes: The Robe, Spencer Tracy, & Audrey Hepburn win
- 1954-03-25 26th Academy Awards: "From Here to Eternity" best film, William Holden & Audrey Hepburn best actor, actress
- 1959-07-18 "The Nun's Story" based on the novel by Kathryn Hulme, starring Audrey Hepburn premieres in Los Angeles
- 1961-10-05 "Breakfast at Tiffany's" film, based on the novella by Truman Capote, directed by Blake Edwards, and starring Audrey Hepburn, George Peppard, and Buddy Ebsen, premieres
- 1964-10-21 Film version of "My Fair Lady" directed by George Cukor and starring Rex Harrison and Audrey Hepburn premieres in New York (Academy Awards Best Picture 1965)
- 1988-03-09 Actress Audrey Hepburn is appointed a UNICEF Special Ambassador (Goodwill Ambassador 1989)
- 1992-12-11 US President George H.W. Bush awards actress and humanitarian Audrey Hepburn the Presidential Medal of Freedom
- 2006-12-05 Audrey Hepburn's Givenchy little black dress from film "Breakfast at Tiffany's" auctioned for charity for record £467,200 ($923,187) at Christie's, London