Full Name: Gaius Octavius
Profession: Roman Emperor
Why Famous: Emperor of Rome at the time of the birth of Jesus Christ, Augustus ruled from 27BC until his death in 14AD.
After his death, he became the 1st Roman emperor to be made a god.
- 0038-01-17 BC Roman Republican Leader Octavian, later Augustus 1st Roman Emperor, marries Livia Drusilla
- 0043-11-26 BC Second Triumvirate alliance of Roman leader Octavian (later Caesar Augustus), Marcus Aemilius Lepidus, and Mark Antony formed
- 0043-08-19 BC Octavian, later known as Augustus, compels the Roman Senate to elect him Consul
- 0042-10-23 BC Roman Republican civil wars: Second Battle of Philippi - Brutus's army is decisively defeated by Mark Antony and Octavian. Brutus commits suicide.
- 0042-10-03 BC First Battle of Philippi: Triumvirs Mark Antony and Octavian fight an indecisive battle with Caesar's assassins Brutus and Cassius.
- 0036-09-03 BC In the Battle of Naulochus, Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa, admiral of Octavian, defeats Sextus Pompeius, son of Pompey, thus ending Pompeian resistance to the Second Triumvirate.
- 0031-09-02 BC Battle of Actium: decisive naval battle that effectively ends the Roman Republic. Octavian's forces defeat those under Mark Antony and Cleopatra off the western coast of Greece.
- 0030-08-01 BC Octavian (later known as Augustus) enters Alexandria, Egypt, bringing it under the control of the Roman Republic
- 0030-07-31 BC Battle of Alexandria: Mark Antony achieves minor victory over Octavian, but most of his army subsequently deserts, leading to Octavian's invasion of Egypt
- 0027-01-16 BC The title Augustus is bestowed upon Gaius Julius Caesar Octavian by the Roman Senate