Full Name: Babur [Zahīr ud-Dīn Muhammad]
Profession: Founder of the Mughal Empire
Why Famous: A descendant of Genghis Khan, Babur founded the Mughal Empire which became, in the century after his death, the world's largest economic power.
In addition to his military prowess, Babur was an accomplished writer and poet, and many of his writings have since become popular folk songs.
- 1526-04-21 Battle at Panipat: Central Asian conqueror Babur defeats Sultan Ibrahim Lodi, establishing the Mughal Empire in India
- 1527-03-16 Battle of Khanua: Mughal Emperor Babur defeats Rajput forces led by Rana Sanga consolidating Mughal power
- 1529-05-06 Battle at Gogra: Mughal Emperor Babur beats Afghans and Bengals
- "The cream of my testimony is this, do nothing against your brothers even though they may deserve it." - Revenge, Wisdom
- "The new year, the spring, the wine and the beloved are joyful. Babur make merry, for the world will not be there for you a second time." - Joy