Biography: Billy Corgan is best known for being the lead singer and guitarist of the alternative rock band The Smashing Pumpkins. Corgan has also released several solo albums, the most recent being Ogilala in 2017.
Corgan began playing guitar at the age of 12 and started his first band, The Marked, in 1985. He then joined The Smashing Pumpkins in 1988, and the band released their debut album, Gish, in 1991.
The Smashing Pumpkins became one of the most successful alternative rock bands of the 1990s, releasing a string of hit albums including Siamese Dream (1993) and Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (1995).
In 2000, Corgan disbanded the Smashing Pumpkins and pursued a solo career. He released his debut solo album, TheFutureEmbrace, in 2005.
Corgan reunited with the Smashing Pumpkins in 2007, and the band has released two albums since then, Oceania (2012) and Monuments to an Elegy (2014).
- 2003-09-17 Billy Corgan presents his poetry at the Art Institute of Chicago's Rubloff Auditorium
- 2005-06-21 Billy Corgan releases "TheFutureEmbrace", his first solo album
- 2009-03-10 Billy Corgan testifies in front of Congress, on behalf of the musicFIRST Coalition, in support of H.R. 848, the Performance Rights Act
- 2016-09-08 Billy Corgan announces a new solo album, recorded with producer Rick Rubin, via a Facebook live video
- 2017-05-01 Billy Corgan agrees to purchase the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA)