Full Name: Robert William "Bobby" Unser
Profession: Auto Racer
Why Famous: Won the Indianapolis 500 three times in 1968, 1975 and 1981.
- 1967-07-01 Bobby Unser wins both races at Mosport, Ontario, Canada, the first Champ Car races ever run outside the United States
- 1968-05-30 Indianapolis 500: Bobby Unser driving a piston-powered Offenhauser beats Dan Gurney to win his first of 3 Indy 500 triumphs
- 1975-05-25 Indianapolis 500: Bobby Unser wins rain-shortened race ahead of defending champion Johnny Rutherford and pole-sitter A. J. Foyt for his second Indy title
- 1981-05-24 Indianapolis 500: Bobby Unser crosses finish line ahead of Mario Andretti; Unser disqualified for pit lane infraction, later reinstated for his 3rd race victory
- 1981-10-09 United States Auto Club appeals panel restores disputed Indianapolis 500 victory to disqualified first-across-the-line Bobby Unser