Profession: British Prime Minister
Why Famous: Mayor of London between 2008 and 2016, and as well known for his scruffy hairstyle as for his many controversies. Johnson's unique style and active contributions to journalism throughout his tenure as a politician have made him one of the most well-known and visible political figures in modern Britain.
One of the primary proponents of Brexit, Johnson was appointed as Foreign and Commonwealth Secretary by Prime Minister Theresa May. In 2019 he succeeded Theresa May as British Prime Minister.
- 2016-05-09 Boris Johnson resigns as Mayor of London, succeeded by Sadiq Khan
- 2016-06-30 British political candidates announce their bids for leader of Conservative party, including Theresa May and Michael Gove, Boris Johnson rules himself out
- 2018-07-09 UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson resigns after Theresa May takes a softer Brexit stance
- 2018-07-09 Jeremy Hunt becomes UK Foreign Secretary after Boris Johnson's resignation
- 2019-05-29 British politician Boris Johnson ordered to appear in court over claims he lied to the public during Britain's Brexit campaign
- 2019-06-21 UK police called to house of leader contender Boris Johnson over alleged altercation with his girlfriend
- 2019-07-23 Boris Johnson is chosen the new British Prime Minister by the ruling Conservative Party to replace Theresa May
- 2019-07-24 New UK PM Boris Johnson drastically reshapes cabinet in his first day in office, appointing Dominic Raab as Foreign Secretary, Priti Patel as Home Secretary and Sajid Javid as Chancellor
- 2019-08-21 German Chancellor challenges British PM Boris Johnson to find a solution to a no-deal Brexit in 30 days at their meeting in Berlin
- 2019-08-28 British PM Boris Johnson prorogues parliament, suspending it for 5 weeks to limit opposition to a no deal Brexit, prompting a furious backlash
- 2019-09-02 British Prime Minister Boris Johnson threatens a snap general election if rebel MPs pass bill against no-deal Brexit
- 2019-09-03 British PM Boris Johnson loses significant vote in parliament as MPs gain control of the timetable, orders whip withdrawn from 21 rebel Tory MPs
- 2019-09-04 British rebel alliance of MPs vote to ban a no-deal Brexit and reject PM Boris Johnson's call for a snap election
- 2019-09-15 UK PM Boris Johnson compares himself to Marvel Hulk character in newspaper interview "The madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets" about UK exiting the EU
- 2019-09-16 Marvel actor Mark Ruffalo rebuffs UK PM Boris Johnson, who compared himself to Hulk ,"Boris Johnson forgets that the Hulk only fights for the good of the whole" on Twitter
- 2019-09-24 UK Supreme Court rules suspension of UK parliament for 5 weeks by Boris Johnson's Conservative government was unlawful
- 2019-10-17 UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson announces new Brexit deal with the EU, removes the Northern Ireland backstop clause
- 2019-10-19 UK parliament votes for the Letwin amendment in a special Saturday sitting, which forces Boris Johnson to ask the EU for an extension and delays vote on his Brexit deal
- 2019-12-12 British General Election won by Boris Johnson's Conservative Party in landslide win with 80 seat majority. Scottish National Party also wins 48 of 59 seats in Scotland.
- 2020-03-12 UK PM Boris Johnson says the UK is facing the “worst public health crisis for a generation”, up to 10,000 people may already be infected with coronavirus COVID-19
- 2020-03-27 UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson announces he has contracted the coronavirus COVID-19 and that he will continue to lead the country "thanks to the wizardry of modern technology" while in self-isolation
- 2020-04-05 British Prime Minister Boris Johnson admitted to hospital suffering from coronavirus COVID-19
- 2020-04-19 UK coronavirus COVID-19 death toll reaches 16,060 (hospitals only), as "The Sunday Times" criticizes Boris Johnson's government's response, saying they "sleepwalked into disaster"
- 2020-04-30 UK PM Boris Johnson says Britain is past the peak of the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak
- 2020-05-24 British PM Boris Johnson refuses to sack his senior aide Dominic Cummings, after it is revealed he broke the country's lockdown rules to drive across the country