Why Famous: Chadwick Boseman's first roles were in television before he began his film career. His most famous role is as the superhero Black Panther in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He first portrayed the character in "Captain America: Civil War" (2016) before starring in the stand alone film "Black Panther" (2018) alongside Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong'o and Danai Gurira.
Black Panther was the first Marvel superhero film to be nominated for Best picture at the Academy Awards.
- 2018-01-29 Marvel film "Black Panther" directed by Ryan Coogler and starring Chadwick Boseman premieres in Los Angeles
- 2018-04-23 Marvel's "Avengers: Infinity War" directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, starring Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr and large ensemble cast premieres in Los Angeles
- 2018-04-30 Superhero film "Avengers: Infinity War" sets new record for an opening weekend earning $250 million in the US, $630 million worldwide
- 2019-04-22 Marvel film "Avengers: Endgame" directed by Anthony and Joe Russo starring Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans and an ensemble cast, premieres in Los Angeles
- 2019-04-28 Disney says Marvel film "Avengers: Endgame" made estimated $1.2 billion worldwide, first film to make more than 1 billion on opening
- 2019-07-22 Marvel superhero film "Avengers: Endgame" becomes the world's highest-grossing film overtaking "Avatar" earning $2.9 billion