Biography: Emerged from virtual obscurity to win the Orteig Prize for his solo non-stop flight from New York in Paris in 1927.
Later famous for the kidnap and murder of his infant son. He was also suspected of having anti-Semitic and pro-Nazi sympathies.
Born: February 4, 1902
Birthplace: Detroit, Michigan, USA
Generation: Greatest Generation
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Star Sign: Aquarius
- 1929-05-27 Aviator Charles Lindbergh (27) weds author Anne Morrow (22) in Englewood, New Jersey
- 1927-05-20 At 7:40 AM, Charles Lindbergh takes off from New York to cross the Atlantic for Paris, aboard Spirit of St Louis in the 1st solo nonstop transatlantic flight
- 1927-05-21 Aviator Charles Lindbergh, in the Spirit of St Louis, lands in Paris after the first solo air crossing of Atlantic
- 1927-06-11 Charles Lindbergh is awarded the 1st Distinguished Flying Cross
- 1927-06-13 Ticker-tape parade welcomes Charles A Lindbergh to NYC
- 1927-09-04 Charles Lindbergh visits Boise, Idaho, on his cross-country tour
- 1927-09-17 Charles Lindbergh visits San Francisco
- 1931-11-17 Charles Lindbergh inaugurates Pan Am service from Cuba to South America in the Sikorsky flying boat "American Clipper"
- 1932-03-01 The "Lindbergh kidnapping", 20 month old son of Charles and Anne Lindbergh kidnapped from home in East Amwell, New Jersey, found dead 12 May
- 1932-04-02 Charles Lindbergh turns over $50,000 as ransom for his kidnapped son
- 1932-05-12 Body of kidnapped son of Charles Lindbergh is found in Hopewell, New Jersey
- 1934-10-08 Bruno Hauptmann is indicted for the murder of Charles Lindbergh's son
- 1935-01-02 Bruno Hauptmann trial begins for kidnap-murder of Charles Lindbergh's baby
- 1941-09-11 Charles Lindbergh, claims the "British, Jewish and Roosevelt administration" are trying to get the US into World War II
- 1954-05-03 Pulitzer prizes awarded to Charles Lindbergh and John Patrick