Why Famous: Leader of the "Manson Family", a quasi-commune that arose in the California desert, in the late-1960s, which committed several murders, the most famous of whom was Sharon Tate.
- 1955-01-17 Murderer Charles Manson (20) weds waitress Rosalie Jean Willis (17)
- 1970-03-01 Charles Manson's album "Lie" is released
- 1971-01-19 The Beatles' "Helter Skelter" is played at Charles Manson trial
- 1971-01-25 Charles Manson & 3 women followers convicted of Tate-LaBianca murders
- 1971-04-19 Charles Manson sentenced to life in prison for the murder of Sharon Tate
- 1976-04-01 "Helter Skelter", detailing Charles Manson's cult "family", their capture, trial, conviction and aftermath, premieres on CBS
- 1981-06-13 Tom Snyder interviews Charles Manson on "Tomorrow"