Why Famous: Charlotte Brontë's novels have become classics of English literature.
Her first works including her best known novel, "Jane Eyre" were published under the pen name Currer Bell.
Sister of Emily Brontë.
- 1854-06-29 English Novelist and author of "Jane Eyre" Charlotte Brontë marries curate Arthur Bell Nicholls
- 1846-05-07 First printed copies of "Poems" by Emily, Charlotte and Anne Brontë received, published under pseudonym of Acton, Currer and Ellis Bell (2 copies sold)
- 1847-08-24 Charlotte Brontë finishes manuscript of "Jane Eyre"
- 1847-10-16 Charlotte Brontë's book "Jane Eyre" published
- 2019-11-18 Book written by Charlotte Bronte aged 14 for her toy soldiers bought by the Bronte Society for €600,000 at auction in Paris